Whether you have a kid who CAN’T read or a kid who WON’T read, it comes down to the same thing:
You’ve got a reading problem. And you need solutions.
Why Nurturing Literacy?
Welcome to Nurturing Literacy, THE place for solving reading problems. Uniquely.
How can a parent find solutions?
It starts with the questions.
By asking the right questions, you can get the right solutions–solutions that are effective and efficient.
By asking the right questions, you can understand your child as a reader–and as a child.
How do you ask the right questions?
It starts with knowing what’s available out there. There’s a boat load of cutting-edge research! We know things about the brain and body that wouldn’t have been possible just a decade ago.
And while some parents have been able to uncover this information, most parents have not been given access to this information. The simple reason is that this information has remained largely in the “Ivory Towers” and in the hands of highly specialized practitioners.
Follow me @NurturingLit on Instagram.
How do I know??
I live it everyday. Here at Nurturing Literacy, I give you:
- over twenty years of experience as a reading specialist and evaluator, working with readers (and a whole lot of parents and professionals along the way);
- over fifteen years of using natural health practices to reclaim and maintain wellness;
- over a decade of “mom” experience (thanks to my two lovely school-aged cherubs);
- abundant knowledge of the current cognitive sciences research (yes, I’m a neuroscience nerd!);
- an integration of mind-body connection practices (not to be missed!);
- an abundant love of reading
- a belief in the power of reading together; and
- a deep respect for the natural right of parents to follow their hearts and minds as they raise their children.
SOLVING READING PROBLEMS. UNIQUELY.
Find out more about me …
Start here for inspiration and information for solving reading problems…uniquely.